RDFSharp is a lightweight C# framework designed to ease the creation of .NET applications based on the
, representing a straightforward didactic
solution for start playing with RDF and Semantic Web concepts.
With RDFSharp it is possible to realize .NET applications capable of modeling, storing and querying RDF data.
RDFSharp has a modular API made up of four layers:
- Create and manage RDF models (resources, literals, triples, graphs, namespaces, datatypes, ...);
- Exchange them using standard RDF formats (NTriples, TriX, Turtle, Xml);
- Create and manage RDF stores backing on different SQL engines (Firebird, MySQL, SQLite, SQLServer);
- Create and manage RDF federations as virtual stores giving integrated query access to multiple stores;
- Create and execute SPARQL queries on graphs, stores and federations to fluently query RDF data;
- RDFSharp.Semantics (under development)
- Create, manage and validate OWL-DL ontologies (classes, properties, restrictions, facts, ...);
- Create and execute rule-based OWL-DL reasoners to materialize inferred ontology data;
[04-Oct-2014] First beta release of RDFSharp 0.8 is
available. Play with the new Semantics API!
[27-Apr-2014] RDFSharp is also available for download on